Saturday, April 01, 2006

Step 12 - Track your progress by asking questions

The measure of your success is not whether you have a tough problem to deal with, but whether it’s the same problem you had last year – John Foster Dulles

We’ve been talking about goals the whole year and for this last edition, I’d like to encourage you to think about the past year. To do this properly, you probably should write out your answers, or type them out – I’ve found that I think better when I type, so I even type my daily to-do list at work now!

What went right in your life this year that you want to continue?
What’s not working so well that you need to give attention to?
Which goals have you achieved? What was it about them that made them achievable?
Of the goals you didn’t, are they still important to you? Why?
Do you need to create brand new goals for next year?
Do you need to abandon some that don’t reflect where you want to go?
Where can I be more effective?
What am I afraid of? Where do I need to take more risks?
Which friends or contacts do I want to develop more?
What key choices do I have to make?
What do I need to learn more about?
What must I do to bring more balance into my life?
How can I improve my relationships?
Who do I need to forgive?
Am I living my passion? How can I incorporate more passion into my life?

As you answer these questions, you’ll get a better idea of where to focus for next year.

'Til next time…have a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy and Prosperous New Year!

Enjoy success
Marcia Francois

Do you want to use this article? You may, as long as you include this complete bio with it: Marcia Francois, the Take Charge coach and professional organiser, coaches people to reach their goals and maximise their potential. She publishes the popular “Take charge of your life” monthly ezine. If you're ready to finally live your dream life, get your FREE subscription now at http://www.takechargesolutions.org/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home